January 25, 2014

I Shall Not Be Moved...

I started off this morning being incredibly angry.

I had to hop on a bus in 9 minutes and meet my hair appointment. I was close to stepping out of the door and then realized my CTA Ventra card was not in my bag. In a split second, I turned from being composed to state of uncontrollable frenzy. I looked at my CTA Transit Tracker and the bus was coming in 6 minutes! I made a mad dash and started making it rain in my room.

Neatly folded clothes were thrown from left to right, as I struggled to remember where I last saw my Ventra card. I started whining and slapped my hand across the closet door. I was angry. The bus was coming in 3 minutes and I was close to canceling my hair appointment. I finally moved my blanket and found my Ventra card in plain sight.

I rushed downstairs and hopped on the bus. I grabbed my Ventra card only for the bus driver to explain the Ventra reader wasn't working properly. I felt incredibly stupid. How could an inanimate object change my mood? I felt uneasy. I prayed that morning and had taken the time to talk with God. How could I have easily been flustered with this situation?

In under 9 minutes, I showed poor judgement. Appointments can always be rescheduled. Lost items are always replaceable. However, my rapport and trust in God is parallel to how I address future situations. Life doesn't always have a 2nd chance option. There are split seconds choices that make or break someone's life. I could have easily entered the bus and in a split second an accident could have occurred. Thankfully, that didn't happen. I chose to rest on dependable shoulders and forgot in under 9 minutes that I shall not be easily moved. I need to get it together.




































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment