January 20, 2014

MLK Day

Life's most persistent  and urgent question is, ' What are you doing for others?'
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
Photo courtesy of Nigerian Misfit
I admire Dr. King because he is one of the very few persons who grasped an opportunity to shape the progression of his fellow people. I truly believe he embodied selflessness and understood unity in the midst of prejudice society.

This picture was taken some years back at a volunteer site while volunteering for Chicago Cares annual Celebration of Service.

Sadly, I was unable to volunteer for the one day community service, but I am glad there are a number of ongoing programs themed around the service of Dr. King for the entire month of January. I look forward to volunteering sometime this month and reflecting on the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King.

 Additional information can be read at Chicago Cares.  

No comments:

Post a Comment